Contributed by Rally for the Navesink
• Watershed Mindfulness. Pass an annual town resolution about your commitment to a clean and healthy Navesink River.
• Green-up and Beautify Your Town. This includes substituting green plantings for impervious cover; and reducing fertilizer and pesticide use.
• Control waste. Cover dumpsters, trash and recycling cans, and grease bins; make sure they’re not leaking.
• Create a Watershed Community. Comply with litter and pooper-scooper laws.
• Track Down Pollution. Identify failing infrastructure and septic systems; remediate.
If you liked this story, you’ll love our newspaper. Click here to subscribe
You may also like
By John Burton | RED BANK — Paved roadways, park...
By John Burton | RUMSON – A partnership between ...