Little Silver is prepared for Sandy’s arrival and has now ordered evacuations in the following areas and provided the following instructions and advice:
– All those living on the following streets must evacuate: Little Silver Point Road, Borden Place, Paag Lane, Paag Circle, Breezy Point, Alwin Terrace, Carriage House Lane, Riveredge Drive, North Riveredge Drive, Sunnylands Court, Edgewood Drive South, Riverview Avenue South, Fairview Avenue, Tinton Place, Holly Drive, Holly Tree Lane, Lippincott Road East, south end of Prospect Avenue, and Seven Bridge Road from Holly Drive to Silverside Avenue.
– Emergency and rescue workers may not respond to areas that have been mandatorily evacuated.
– Only those in mandatory evacuation areas are eligible to stay at a county shelter, and must proceed to the Red Bank Regional High School gymnasium for prescreening and transportation to the shelter. The prescreening station will open at noon on Monday.
– In order to provide safe passage for emergency workers and first responders, all traffic is restricted throughout town from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
– All vehicles left on the street may be towed at the owner’s expense.
– Gas stations shall remain closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
– No one is to be on any public street or place from 9 p.m.to 6 a.m.except as authorized by a designated official.
– Watch for Two River Alert updates and instructions.
– Periodically check the borough website, www.littlesilver.org, which will post alerts and updates, and contains hurricane and storm preparation guidelines.
– Local schools and Red Bank Regional are closed Monday and Tuesday
– Cars may be moved at the owner’s risk to the large Little Silver Train Station parking lot.
– Instructions for contacting JCP&L in the event of a power outage are on the borough’s website. The police department will not have information about power outages.
– Public Works continues to remove leaves and brush from around storm drains where possible. They will not reach every storm drain, so where possible please assist by refraining from raking leaves or brush into street, and by pulling back piles where possible.
– Recycling pickup has been suspended for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and trash collection has been suspended Monday and Tuesday.
The borough has set up an emergency command post in borough hall, and is in contact with state and county emergency officials. As information becomes available, it will be posted on the website and communicated by the Two River Alert system.
Please use caution, reach out to neighbors, friends, or others who may need assistance, and obey all signs advising of road closures or other conditions when driving.
If you liked this story, you’ll love our newspaper. Click here to subscribe
You may also like
By Jenna O’Donnell LITTLE SILVER – Earth Day ...
By Jenna O’Donnell LITTLE SILVER – A quest...