FEMA Needs Sandy Survivors

December 7, 2012
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Insurance Settlement Information

TRENTON – Hurricane Sandy survivors who registered with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and indicated they had insurance coverage should send in their insurance settlement information as soon as they receive it.

The insurance settlement documents allow FEMA to determine if survivors have uninsured or underinsured losses eligible for federal assistance. By law FEMA cannot provide financial assistance for losses covered by insurance. FEMA cannot pay deductibles either. Decisions on FEMA aid are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

To submit insurance documentation, here’s what applicants can do:

Gather insurance documents and any settlement information.

Write the applicant’s name, FEMA registration number and 4086-DR-NJ on each page.

Send a copy of these documents to FEMA by fax at 800-827-8112, by mail to National Processing Service Center, P.O. Box 10055, Hyattsville, MD 20782-8055 or by visiting a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). Find the nearest DRC online at www.fema.gov/disaster-recovery-centers

Survivors can call FEMA with questions at 800-621-FEMA (3362), TTY 800-462-7585.

Lines are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and assistance is available in many languages.

If you liked this story, you’ll love our newspaper. Click here to subscribe

When Temps Drop, A Refuge For the Homeless

You may also like